Robotics Team 287
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» cna training
For new people: Interviews! For Vets: TIMES. EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 6:54 pm by Guest

» Alle bijzondere dingen in de zaanstreek
For new people: Interviews! For Vets: TIMES. EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 12:42 pm by Guest

» o que e lorazepam labesfal
For new people: Interviews! For Vets: TIMES. EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 4:13 am by Guest

» In My Pants Gamez
For new people: Interviews! For Vets: TIMES. EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 12:28 pm by HippyBunny

» I'm sad...D:
For new people: Interviews! For Vets: TIMES. EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 1:20 am by VP Mr. Fuzzy-Wumkinz

» ***Cyborgs***
For new people: Interviews! For Vets: TIMES. EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 7:08 pm by 287robot

» We're on teh interwebz!
For new people: Interviews! For Vets: TIMES. EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 6:49 pm by 287robot

» what song.
For new people: Interviews! For Vets: TIMES. EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 6:46 pm by 287robot

» I have a small issue.
For new people: Interviews! For Vets: TIMES. EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 6:43 pm by 287robot

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

For new people: Interviews! For Vets: TIMES.

Go down

For new people: Interviews! For Vets: TIMES. Empty For new people: Interviews! For Vets: TIMES.

Post by Ex-Member Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:54 pm

THIS POST IS FOR NEW MEMBERS TO READ ONLY. OLDBIES VETERANS PLEASE READ THE NEXT POST.

[I REPEAT. This is for all nooblets new members! It it brought to you by Geico me!]

As we all know (or the very few of us that ever go on these forums or are at the meetings, meat, bones and all) A/V (more like Kevin Barry and Angela) are going to be held responsible for the video this year. We've already got a plan set for the video, but it also requires interviews as well!

Only the veterans (great majority of them) and teachers will be the only ones alloted the right to have the interview at a specific time, and seeing how 6 weeks flies by fast, I'm going to hold you guys off abit, and that will end on the 6TH OF JANUARY. Then interviews with you will start, under one condition.

Here's how it will go:
-As the days go by, we [the A/V] shall take large note of your existence presentation/whom you are, as a member.
-If you display a dedication to the team that only YOU can attain, you will have a chance of being interviewed. This can be anything, as long as it doesn't cause trouble!
-Now here's how you can work for it for realz: Write an entire essay on why you should be interviewed No, I won't have you do more schoolwork. It's simply that if you can reach me on a Tuesday afterschool at 1:38 before Video Club starts, or on a Wednesday afterschool immediately after 1:38 at extra-help before Chess club, we'll relay a quick interview. AFTER January 5th has passed. I won't have time before that day to interview anyone else early. Got personal shiz to do; like edit the footage, you dig?

Ex-Member
Veteran

Female
Number of posts : 283
Warning :
For new people: Interviews! For Vets: TIMES. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100For new people: Interviews! For Vets: TIMES. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-10-04

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/13512394/

Back to top Go down

For new people: Interviews! For Vets: TIMES. Empty Re: For new people: Interviews! For Vets: TIMES.

Post by Ex-Member Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:35 pm

THIS POST IS FOR OLDBIES VETERANS ONLY.

[I repeat. Vets only.]

Now, here we go with this. Here's the simple skinny dip.
[READ NOW!]
-Notify when you can be interviewed. EXACT TIME, DAY, HOUR, PLACE, ETC. Seriously. But PLEASE, BEFORE FEBRUARY 19TH, BECAUSE THAT'S WHEN IT'S ALL DUE.
-Be there on time. No dilly dally. Okay, maybe alittle.
-Be ready for anything to be thrown at you.
-Stay cool.
-If interviewing in pairs/another person/more than yourself, TELL ME. And make sure they're read to answer stuff too.
-Do not be afraid of the camera. It's not to humiliate you. We need video.
-Have fun and pray do tell when you can be interviewed.

Ex-Member
Veteran

Female
Warning :
For new people: Interviews! For Vets: TIMES. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100For new people: Interviews! For Vets: TIMES. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

For new people: Interviews! For Vets: TIMES. Empty Re: For new people: Interviews! For Vets: TIMES.

Post by Ex-Member Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:23 pm

IN GENERAL HOW INTERVIEWS GO.
-Each interview will be about 5-8 minutes.-

-10-12 minutes if conversing answers and such with another
(Ex. You and another are being interviewed by me at the same time.)-

-Dress your best, in either robotics wear (yes, yellow shirts, this applies to vets only since you guys have them, unless you lend yours to a newbie) or dress casual/interview wear. YEAH, that means no immensely graphic tees, no puffy jackets, no large jewelry, no anime shiz, nothing gang-related, no uniforms of all kinds, no skimpy clothing, and nothing that is the opposite of work. We've got to look like professionals, even on camera!-

-DO NOT WEAR FULL-OUT WHITE. D= You don't want to look like a ghost!-

-No looking like slobs either, or else!-

-It will be "Sit. Say greeting. Get filmed while answering questions. Done. We can stop talking now." kind of feel when being interviewed. No, not really.-

-Speak with a clear voice. No mumbling, gabbing, "OMGZROBOTICSISTHEAWESUM" fanatic talk, no monotonous tones, and no "Ugh, why am I being interviewed" emo stuff. Please, have the attitude of quite the eloquent gracious professional of FIRST. Dang it, be lively too! D:< And I'll probably let the Robotics fanatic talk pass alittle.-

-No talking with your mouth full. Seriously.-

-No shoving of any personal belongings into the camera. You'd ruin the lens of the camera that way, and I'm sure as hell that you don't want me or Kevin Barry to murder you or your belongings.-

-No self proclamation of your placement nor division/group in the beginning of the interview. That will only be stated when it is in question.-

-You may bring food or a drink of water with you. These interviews will be intense. After all, YOU'LL BE ON CAMERA. However, try not to bring anything that requires you to hold it for a period of time, or eat gum.-

-If you do not answer a question within 1 minute, we will pass onto the next, and your response will not be accounted for.-

-I like cheese. And candy. Tons of it. Bring it to me.-

-NO LICKING THE CAMERA, OR DOING ANY STRANGE ACTS. That mean you, Gunning.-

-No foul language, please. Remember, gracious professionalism! FIRST!-

And lastly,
~REMEMBER TO PUT YOUR FIRST ROBOTICS PRIDE ON!~

Ex-Member
Veteran

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down